Monday, July 18, 2016

of the lover in my closet -- sull'amante nel mio armadio


Both kids are off to camp and I am alone in the city with my hubby for a couple of days. We do all the kids-free stuff we can never do, like eating out and that other stuff, but truth be told I keep finding excuses to send him off to run some errands and stay home by myself, because I need time for my other lover: my guitar.

And yes, Frida says that I deserve a man que me traiga la ilusion, el café y la poesia, who brings me hope, coffee and poetry, but let's face it, I have married an engineer, and poetry is NOT his most prominent talent.
So yes, I have a clandestine relationship with my guitar, or rather, my husband knows about it, he just  ignores the extent of it. I keep it hidden from him in part because, I must admit, after I get it from my closet, Bruno Mars and Robbie Williams follow closely. 
And it is not platonic.
To people who are not into making music, this compulsion to playing an instrument might seem like a waste of time, an excuse to neglect more practical and pressing matters. Or, in the case of my kids, simply an obligation to practice (what a thorn in my heart this is!). But people, you have no clue! Making music is pure magic, it's transcendent, it's pleasure, no less than making love.
Quick, Bruno, quick Robbie, back in my closet, he'll be home soon!

----------------------------------

Entrambi i ragazzi sono via e sono sola con mio marito in città per qualche giorno. E si, facciamo tutte quelle cose che si fanno quando i figli non ci sono, come cenare fuori ecc ecc, ma in verità continuo a trovare scuse per mandarlo a fare delle commissioni per poter restare un po' a casa da sola, perché devo pensare anche al mio altro amante: la chitarra.

E lo so che secondo Frida mi merito un uomo que me traiga la ilusion, el café y la poesia, che mi porti la speranza, il caffè e la poesia, ma parliamoci chiaro, ho sposato un ingegnere, e la poesia non è di certo il suo talento più spiccato.
Ebbene si, ho una relazione segreta con la mia chitarra, o meglio, mio marito ne è al corrente, ma ne ignora l'entità. Gliela tengo nascosta in parte perché a dire il vero, dall'armadio con la chitarra escono anche Bruno Mars e Robbie Williams. 
E non è certo amore platonico.
A chi non suona uno strumento, quest'ossessione può sembrare una perdita di tempo, o una scusa per sottrarsi ad altre faccende più pratiche e pressanti. Oppure, come nel caso dei miei figli, soltanto un obbligo ad esercitarsi (che spina nel cuore, questa!). Ma davvero, non hanno idea!
Fare musica è magia pura, è trascendentale, è piacere, è come fare l'amore.
Via, via, veloci Bruno e Robbie, nell'armadio prima che ritorni!

(pic by me, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment