Wednesday, January 11, 2017

of the Rolex tea -- sul tè della Rolex


So I have always wondered: does using two teabags automatically reduce the infusion time by 50%? Because that’s what I have been doing all along, to combine my impatience with the lifesaving detox benefits of my daily green tea fix.
I thought I was the only one killing the tradition of tea-making by trying to speed up infusion time until I told my friend Jennifer and she confessed she uses one of those battery-operated milk frothers to spin the tealeaves around her cup as if they were undergoing astronaut training and squeeze the good stuff out of them in no time.

Thing is, I have finished my reserve of Japanese Sencha tea and am now buying a very expensive substitute from a Zürich teashop that is probably under the assumption of selling jewelry or Rolex watches (cliché time!). With 2cups x 2teabags / day, I might as well get my own tea-ceremony-lady directly from Japan and save money. Or quickly head to Tokyo and restock, but that would mean:
1) abandon the family for a few days allowing it to be engulfed by chaos and
2) let the double puberty currently infesting my home take over without being able to do anything about it.
So, eventually, a perfect plan. 


(Disclaimer: although I am in fact a spoiled-expat-brat-with-no-sense-of-reality-whatsoever, I will not travel to Tokyo simply to get myself some tea. I have more common sense than that, for God’s sakes. I will make sure to hit a couple of sushi-bars as well).

----------------------------------------------------------------

Allora mi sono sempre chiesta: se uso due bustine di tè per ogni tazza, si riduce automaticamente del 50% il tempo di infusione?  Perché è precisamente quello che faccio da anni, per combinare la mia impazienza con i benefici purificatori della mia dose quotidiana di tè verde.
Credevo di essere l’unica ad uccidere il rituale tradizionale del tè cercando di accelerare i tempi, finché non l’ho confessato alla mia amica Jennifer e lei mi ha detto che usa addirrittura uno di quei frullini ad immersione per fare la schiuma del cappuccino, per far vorticosamente girare le foglie di tè nella tazza e strizzarle da ogni principio attivo come se fossero sottoposte all’addestramento degli astronauti.  

È che ho finito la mia scorta di tè giapponese e sono costretta ad acquistare un sostituto costosissimo in un negozio di Zurigo che penso sia convinto di vendere gioielli oppure orologi Rolex (signore e signori, un bel cliché!). Con 2 tazze x 2 bustine /giorno, posso fare che ordinarmi direttamente dal Giappone una di quelle signore diplomate nella Cerimonia del Tè e risparmiare soldi! O magari potrei andare io a Tokyo a fare di nuovo scorta, ma ciò significherebbe:
1) abbandonare la famiglia per qualche giorno e lasciare che sia ingoiata dal caos
2) correre il rischio che la doppia pubertà che infesta al momento la mia casa abbia la meglio senza che io possa farci assolutamente niente. 
Quindi, in effetti, un piano perfetto.


(clausola di esonero dalla responsabilità: nonostante sia una stronza-expat-viziata-senza-senso-della-realtà, non andrò a Tokyo solo per del tè. Ho molto più buon senso. Andrò per lo meno anche in un paio di sushi-bar)

(pic by me, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment